About Spokane - The Lilac City
"Spokane is remarkable...ask me why"
"Spokane, Near Nature, Near Perfect"
One of the best things about living in Spokane is its 4 distinct seasons. Please click on the link below for "Quick Facts" about Spokane...population, elevation, climate, etc.
Top 20+ Things to do in Spokane (not in any order :)
- Shopping, eating and sightseeing downtown
- Tour over a dozen wineries in the area (spring barrel tasting is Mother's Day weekend and the fall wine festival is the weekend before Thanksgiving)
- Visit Greenbluff for scenery, farm fresh produce, gift shops, lunch, Trezzi Farm and Townshend Winery (Greenbluff is situated in the foothills of Mt. Spokane)
- Hike or bike The Bluffs off the South Hill, or just watch the sunset
- Tour the formal gardens at Manito Park on the South Hill
- Visit Riverfront Park and ride the historic Looff Carrousel and the Gondola over the falls (the Looff Carrousel is 1 of only 3 in existence. It is a national treasure...the magnificent tiger has been appraised at $125,000.) http://spokanecarrousel.org/
- Tour the historic 5 Star Davenport Hotel & Spa (also designated Green)
- Walk, run or bike the Centennial Trail along the Spokane River (from Riverside State Park to beyond the Idaho border)
- Ski one of our area ski resorts (Mt. Spokane, 49 Degrees North, Schweitzer, Silver Mt., Lookout Pass...Canadian ski resorts are about 3 hours north)
- Drive to the top of Mt. Spokane for the breathtaking view (in the winter Mt. Spokane is a winter park...snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, downhill runs with night skiing)
- Participate in Bloomsday (first Sunday in May)
- Particpate in Hoopfest (summer)
- Ride horseback through Riverside State Park
- Tour the neighborhoods of the South Hill and Brown's Edition for period architecture and beautiful parks
- Experience the Spokane Symphony at the beautifully restored art deco Fox Theatre
- Go boating or fishing on our many area lakes
- Golf through November (usually :) at our several golf courses.
- Visit the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture in Brown's Edition
- View the spring falls of the Spokane River from Anthony's
- Drive the back roads to Lake Coeur d'Alene in early summer (Palouse Highway to Highway 27, through Rockford to Highway 95) Stop at the Hurd Mercantile in Rockford!
- Tour the campus of Gonzaga University...walk the Centennial Trail from downtown to the campus
- Take an urban hike from the South Hill to Downtown...view neighborhoods, architecture, shops and restaurants, and parks along the way.
- Watch a Spokane Indians baseball game at Avista Stadium (minor league)
- Watch the Spokane Chiefs at the Arena (Junior Western Hockey League)
- Watch the AFL Champions Spokane Shock at the Arena
Keep your eye on the calendar of events for Spokane...there is always something going on! Click on the link below for the calendar.
River Park Square
View from Arbor Crest Winery
Gonzaga University (Below)
Japanese Gardens Manito Park
Japanese Gardens Manito Park
Duncan Gardens Manito Park
Comstock Park Labor Day Concert (Spokane Symphony)
Rose Garden Manito Park
Mountain view from Mount Spokane
Silver Mountain Ski Resort
View of Spokane from the I-90
Spokane River Falls Downtown
A Summer "Sundog"
A tree lined street in Autumn
The Swinging Bridge Riverside State Park
All information on this website is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed. Contact your REALTORŪ to verify the accuracy of all information.
Terms of Service
| Powered by
Kelly Right Real Estate
509-290-3995 | E-Mail